Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WAKFU OPEN BETA

In my last post I said that I would be playing through Skyward Sword.  Well, I don't think this is going to happen.  I just can't find it in me to play the game.  Maybe another time in the future, but not right now.

Instead, I've been playing an MMORPG called Wakfu.  It's currently in open beta so anyone can play it right now for free.  I do think there will be a subscription fee when it goes live though.  It's a tactical MMORPG.  It plays similar to games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea, etc.  It looks similar as well.  The artwork is cartoony and silly, but it's beautiful.  The music is great too.  There are 14 classes to choose from.  The features are pretty standard as far as MMORPGs go;  you can run dungeons with your friends, gather and craft, PvP, join or create a guild, etc.  There are some features that stand out though.  There are politics within each server;  anyone can run for governor of a nation and other people can vote for who becomes the governor.  Also, you can have your own house that you can decorate as you see fit.  Other people can visit your house as well.  There's also an ecosystem.  If things are out of balance in a zone's ecosystem then you won't receive certain buffs.  An example would be having too few or too many of a certain monster in a zone.  Wakfu is a pretty great game so far so check it out!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting concept for an MMO.. Looking forward to more in-depth discussion on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet more people will vote in game then in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Disgaea, that game was awesome. Gotta check this out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I played DOFUS long time ago, I'm glad to see these guys are continuing the universe. Hell there is even a TV Series.

    ReplyDelete