Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SKYWARD SWORD

I'm a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series.  I've finished nine of them out of the fifteen that exist.  With that being said, I'm not really a fan of Skyward Sword.  I haven't played through it yet.  I can't stand the motion controls.  I don't like Fi talking to me every thirty seconds.  I don't like Fi and the other NPCs holding my hand through the game.  I don't like a lot of things about this game.  I do think that the artwork and music are beautiful though.  I'm going to look past all of the things that I don't like and play it anyway.  I'm probably going to start from the very beginning today.  I'll post an update on my opinion of the game after I've actually finished it.  Should be in a week or two.

8 comments:

  1. Never tried Zelda on the Wii so I've never tried it with motion controls either, I would think that it'd become tiring shaking that thing after while though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really the physical exertion that bothers me; it doesn't really wear you out. You can actually just be lazy and not move the Wiimote all that much and accomplish the same thing. What bothers me is that the motions I do don't translate well to the screen. Makes things really aggravating for me. The combat, movement, etc. doesn't feel fluid to me like it does with buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded like a good game but i can agree the motion controls seem annoying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome series. Zelda rocks. Favorite game still is and will always be Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask

    Followed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your review, Personally i really enjoyed this game, so id like to see what you think of it.

    +1 follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. personally i dont have the whole nostalgia thing for zelda so dont enjoy it as much as other games, but cool to hear what ppl think about any game, nice post, following

    ReplyDelete