Saturday, December 31, 2011

SUPER MEAT BOY

I just purchased Super Meat Boy on Steam today for $3.74.  It normally costs $14.99, but there's a daily deal going on today.  (The deal only lasts for approximately 13 more hours.  Buy the game now if you're going to.)  You play as the character Meat Boy; he's a cube of meat that has a face and limbs.  An evil character named Dr. Fetus kidnaps Bandage Girl and it's your job to get her back.  The controls are simple and fluid.  You use the arrow keys to move around, shift to sprint, and spacebar to jump.  It's a platforming game so you'll be avoiding obstacles while working your way to the end of each level.  It's pretty difficult at times, but it's a lot of fun.  It's very rewarding when you finally get past something that was giving you trouble.  The artwork is great, the music is great, everything about this game is lovable.  I highly recommend it to anyone that likes platforming games.  I really think that there should be more games like this one.

8 comments:

  1. gonna check it out thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad, bad, bad, bad!

    DON'T USE the keyboard. The warning screen at the beginning was not joking about throwing monitors out windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I forgot to mention that you can use a gamepad. I'm actually using a PS3 controller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Meat Boy Is a EPIC Game! I Loved it! Bandage girl needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try it, judging by everyone's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This game is truly marvelous. Marvelously gruesome. SO. MUCH. DEATH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went for Civ 5. I played until 3:30 this morning lol.

    ReplyDelete